Dr. Valerie Head
Dr. Valerie Head is the Medical Director and Owner of Aubrey Animal Medical Clinic since 2023. She has been practicing veterinary medicine as a veterinarian, and formerly as a veterinary technician, for over 15 years. Dr. Head is excited to bring new and innovative processes to private veterinary practice and create a unique and comprehensive experience for her clients and their pet families.
Dr. Head is passionate about caring for every companion in your family–from your typical dogs and cats, to your less common pocket pets, reptiles, birds and fish, to your rare exotic/zoo species. She loves to collaborate with owners on solutions that will work for them, and provide up to date information on current treatments, nutrition, and husbandry practices. She is an accomplished general soft tissue surgeon, and has special interests in dentistry, internal medicine, and preventive care for small animals and exotic species alike.
She is Fear Free Certified, and is also a member of the following veterinary medical associations:
- Association of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterinarians (ARAV)
- Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians (AEMV)
- American Association of Fish Veterinarians (AAFV)
- Association of Avian Veterinarians (AAV)
- International Wildlife Rehabilitation Council (IWRC)
- Honey Bee Veterinary Consortium (HBVC)
- Local and national veterinary associations (TVMA and AVMA)
Her work with prairie dogs was published in the Journal of the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science in 2017, and her work with chameleons was published in the Journal of Herpetological Medicine and Surgery in 2018.